|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)|
1. What is this bittorrent all about anyway? How do I get the files?
Check out the Wikipedia page for a detailed explanation.
2. Where does the donated money go?
1. Ratio Rules:
2. I've lost my user name or password! Can you send it to me?
3. Can you rename my account?
4. So what's MY ratio?
You may see two symbols instead of a number:
5. What are the different user classes?
Below is a table of what each member group can/can't do:
6. Why can't my friend become a member?
1. How do I upload a torrent?
Also take a look at these step-by-step guides:
2. Announce URL
The most common cause of an "invalid announce URL" error is a space at the very end of the URL. Make sure you do not have any spaces before or after the URL.
3. I'm not downloading/uploading as fast as I could be, why?
4. How do I open ports?
1. What program do I need to use for .torrent files?
2. May I use any bittorent client?
3. My program has DHT, should I use it?
4. Why did an active torrent suddenly disappear from the site?
5. How do I resume a broken download or reseed something?
6. What are these "a piece has failed a hash check" messages in my client?
Some clients have an (advanced) option/preference to 'kick/ban clients that send you bad data' or similar. It should be turned on, since it makes sure that if a peer repeatedly sends you pieces that fail the hash check it will be ignored in the future.
7. The torrent is supposed to be 100MB. How come I downloaded 120MB?
1. Most common reason for stats not updating:
2. Best practices:
Other clients are banned, if you want to see a client added, send a PM to someone in the staff and ask them nicely.